Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3D ultrasound?

BAH!  I really really want one of those 3D ultrasound thingies.  Its like $115, so I'm not going to do it.  But I really want to see Aria.  Tomorrow I am 29 weeks, and I have the diabetes screening.  I feel really nervous and anxious.  I don't think I have diabetes or anything.  Besides the whole placenta problem, I haven't had any swelling, and I think that if I had gestational diabetes, I would have gone into shock by now.

I just really don't like getting my blood drawn.  The people at my doctor's office are not very good.  The first woman didn't take off the elastic that they put on your arm until after I had already filled 4 containers and passed out, and the second woman decided to be a bitch and wouldn't give me a butterfly need and bruised me.   Also, for those of you who didn't hear this story, the first time I got my blood drawn in that office, I passed out.  It turns out the first time you go in for a prenatal appointment, they take a lot of blood.  Around the second or third container, my limbs started going numb, and then I started sweating, and then my head just fell back.  I guess I passed out there.  I can't really tell you for sure. In memory, it all feels like a big blur.  I just remember her telling Travis to go get a nurse and thinking that I was going to die or throw up on her butterfly scrubs.  OH and she was still taking my blood.  She finally finished and put me in a wheelchair and took me to a room where I could lie down.  What really helped was the orange juice they gave me.  For some reason, when I pass out, I keep phasing in and out of consciousness until someone gives me sugar.  I think it must do something to my blood pressure because after I was more stable, they took my blood pressure, and it was 90/60.

And that is why I do not want to go tomorrow.

Time to go pick Travis up from his test.

No comments:

Post a Comment